Alan L. Poliner
Alan L. Poliner was born and raised in Philadelphia. After graduating from Temple University with a B.S. in Electrical Engineering, he worked as a civilian engineer for the U.S. Navy. While working full-time for the U.S. Navy during the day, Mr. Poliner attended Temple University School of Law in the evening, and graduated with honors, cum laude.
It was during law school that Mr. Poliner caught the “trial bug.” Temple Law School has one of the best (if not the best) trial advocacy programs in the entire country. Since you should not go to a great seafood restaurant and order chicken, Mr. Poliner gave the trial program a try. He loved it – the excitement, the challenge, the strategy, and winning.
After law school, Mr. Poliner received “biglaw” training at a large Philadelphia law firm. Thereafter, he went in-house and took on a role as senior counsel to two national automotive franchises where he handled litigation, transactions and compliance for the franchisors.
Mr. Poliner moved on to New Jersey litigation boutiques, litigating sophisticated and high value cases.
- Temple University School of Law, J.D. cum laude
- Temple University, B.S. Electrical Engineering
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- Catastrophic Injury
- Class Actions
- Consumer Fraud
- Consumer Law
- Defamation – Slander and Libel, On-Line Defamation
- Franchise Law
- Franchise Litigation
- Non-Competition Agreements
- Products Liability – Dangerous Products, Failure to Warn
- Professional Malpractice
- Unlawful Debt Collection
- Workplace Discrimination – Age, Sex, Race, Religion, Disability
- Breach of Contract
- Business Disputes
- Business Torts
- Civil RICO Claims
- Commercial Collections
- Commercial Litigation
- Internal Business Disputes – Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- International Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Trade Secrets
- Trademark Infringement
- Unfair Competition
- Local Counsel
- Law Firm Services
- Successfully defended $70 million international lawsuit in the Southern District of New York, with a favorable jury verdict against plaintiff and in favor of client’s fraud counterclaims.
- Successfully defended a $200,000 lawsuit over the sale of goods, with a favorable jury verdict for client on counterclaims for $4 million.
- Obtained multi-million dollar settlement secured by $5 million consent judgment for a group of lenders against an intricate web of inter-related companies.
- Obtained significant settlements for franchisee group from principals of now defunct franchisor.
- Obtained a mid-six-figure settlement for client, a purported franchisee, for improper franchise disclosure by the defendant franchisor.
- Obtained significant settlement for group of individual investors defrauded by investment scheme.
- Obtained dismissal (twice dismissed including amended complaint) on motion to dismiss a $4m+ claim against bank and its principal.
- Key member of a legal team in a Bet-the-Company against my client, a franchisor, involving a group of 60 franchisees suing for fraud, violation of franchise statutes, RICO, anti-trust, breach of contract and other claims in multiple states. Successfully obtained dismissal of most of the franchisees’ claims, which led to a favorable settlement.
- Secured preliminary injunctions against former franchisees in violation of non-compete agreements and trademark rights; developed aggressive strategies to identify and terminate businesses that violated contracts and employed the illegal use of company trademarks.