No one ever plans on getting into a car accident. But when it happens, it can be a confusing and stressful experience. You may be wondering how to proceed with a car accident case. Here are some things you should know:
1. Gather evidence. This can include photos of the accident scene, the damage to your vehicle, and your injuries. You should also get the contact information for any witnesses.
2. Speak to a Philadelphia lawyer. An experienced car accident lawyer can help you understand your rights and options.
3. File a police report. This document can be important evidence in your case.
4. Seek medical attention. Even if you don’t think you’re seriously injured, it’s important to see a doctor. Some injuries, such as whiplash, may not be immediately apparent.
5. Insurance companies. You will likely need to deal with the other driver’s insurance company. But be aware that insurance companies are in business to make money, not to help you. They may try to lowball you on your settlement.
6. Trial. If you can’t reach a settlement with the insurance company, you may have to take your case to court. This is where having a good lawyer can really make a difference.
The first step is to contact an experienced car accident lawyer in Philadelphia. They will review the facts of your case and advise you on the best course of action.
There are four elements that must be present in order to prove negligence: duty, breach, causation, and damages.
Duty: The driver owed a duty of care to other motorists on the road.
Breach: The driver breached that duty by failing to drive safely.
Causation: The breach of duty caused the accident.
Damages: The victim suffered damages as a result of the accident.
To prove negligence, you will need to gather evidence to support each of these elements. This may include witness statements, photos of the accident scene, and your medical records.
If you’ve been in a car accident, don’t try to go it alone. Contact an experienced Philadelphia lawyer to help you get the compensation you deserve.
No one wants to go through a car accident. But if it happens, it’s important to know your rights and options. A Philadelphia lawyer can help you navigate the process and get the compensation you deserve.